Africa - India Forum Summit
To reinforce the multidimensional relations existing between Africa and India, and share benefit from the rich historical background as well as natural resources of both Africa and India. To that effect, the Africa-India Forum Summit would create an opportunity to give a new dimension to the Africa – India cooperation through a concrete plan of action and Declaration to be adopted during the Summit in New-Delhi.
The Africa-India Forum Summit is intended to consider the modalities to strengthen the cooperation ties between the two partners in the areas of Economic; Political; Science, Technology, Research and Development; Social Development and Capacity Building; Tourism; Infrastructure, Energy and Environment and Media and Communication.
The Africa – India Forum Summit aims also at adopting harmonized and comprehensive framework to reinforce the regional cooperation in a wide rage of fields as support to the already existing bilateral cooperation between African countries and India.
The Forum would also be an occasion for the sharing and exchange of good practices in harnessing resources from the Diaspora.
The Forum would be an opportunity to publicise Africa India partnership. It will come up with concrete proposals and outcomes so as to push forward the existing cooperation between the two partners. The Summit is expected to adopt a Joint Declaration of the Africa – India Partnership that would contain the political commitments of the two sides, as well as an Africa – India Framework for Cooperation.
Participants from the African Side to the Forum:
In conformity with the Banjul Decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of July 2006, on African participation at the Summit level with one partner, the participation from the African side would include the following:
- The Current Chairperson of the African Union and President of the United Republic of Tanzania;
- The Former Chairperson of the African Union and President of the Republic of Ghana;
- The Chairperson of the Arab Maghrebean Union (AMU): The Leader of the Great Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- The Chairperson of the CEN-SAD: The Leader of the Great Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- The Chairperson of the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS): The President of Burkina-Faso
- The Chairperson of the Economic Community for Central African States (ECCAS) The President of Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Chairperson of the Southern African Development Community (SADC): The President of Zambia
- The Chairperson of the East African Community (EAC): The President of Uganda
- The Chairperson of the COMESA: The President of Kenya
- The Chairperson of the IGAD: The President of Kenya
- The NEPAD Initiators – Presidents of Algeria, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa and Egypt
- The Chairperson of the NEPAD Heads of State and Government Implementation Committee (HSGIC): - The Prime Minister of Ethiopia
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission and AUC Delegation
- The Chairperson – Elect of the Commission will also participate in the Summit
Media persons who would be proceeding to India to cover the India – Africa Forum Summit need to pre-register themselves by visiting the address of the web site of Indian government: