* ADDRESS BY H.E JEAN PING, CHAIRPERSON OF THE AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION ON THE OCCASION OF THE 17TH ORDINARY SESSION OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (EN / FR)
* INVITATION TO MEDIA
17TH ORDINARY SESSION OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
The 17th session of the Executive Council of the African Union will begin tomorrow, Thursday 22 July at Speke Resort Munyonyo in Kampala Uganda. The Council will consider the draft decisions and declarations of the Assembly of the AU which will meet from the 25th to 27th July at the same venue. Media personnel are invited to attend the opening session of the Executive Council at 09:00 INVITATION (EN)
PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVES COMMITTEE
* Monday 19 July 2010, at 09h00 - OPENEING CEREMONY OF THE 20th ORDINARY SESSION OF THE PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVES COMMITTEE (PRC)
- MEDIA ADVISORY
* PROGRAMME DE LA CEREMONIE D’OUVERTURE
- ALLOCUTION DE SEM JEAN PING, PRESIDENT DE LA COMMISSION DE L’UNION AFRICAINE, SEANCE D’OUVERTURE DE LA 20E SESSION ORDINAIRE DU COMITE DES REPRESENTANTS PERMANENTS, KAMPALA, OUGNADA,19 JUILLET 2010
* 15TH AU SUMMIT PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE OF
PRESS CONFERENCES AND BRIEFINGS 19 – 27 JULY 2010 (EN)
*Sunday 25 July 2010, at 15:00, PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE AU COMMISIONER FOR RURAL ECONOMY AND AGRICULTURE, KAMPALA, UGANDA - INVITATION
*Sunday 25 July 2010, at 16h00- PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE AU COMMISIONER FOR PEACE AND SECURITY, KAMPALA, UGANDA - INVITATION
Sunday 25 July 2010, at 17:00- PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE CEO OF NEPAD, KAMPALA, UGANDA - INVITATION
* Friday 23 July 2010, at 11:00
am -PRESS CONFERENCE
OF THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE AFRICAN UNION
* Friday 23 July 2010,
at 15:00 -PRESS CONFERENCE
OF COMMISIONER FOR HUMAN RESOURCES,
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KAMPALA,
* Saturday 24 July 2010, at 11h00 - PRESS CONFERENCE OF COMMISIONER FOR POLITICAL AFFAIRS, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Saturday 24 July 2010, at 15h00-PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE AU COMMISIONER FOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Thursday 22 July 2010, at 15:00 -PRESS CONFERENCE OF COMMISIONER FOR TRADE AND INDUSTRY, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Thursday 22 July 2010 at 16:00 -PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE CHAIRPERSON OF PAP, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Wednesday 21 July 2010, at 10:00 - PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE COMMISSION, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Wednesday 21 July 2010, at 11:00 -AU-EU JOINT PRESS CONFERENCE, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Wednesday 21 July 2010, at 15h00 - PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE DIRECTOR OF GENDER, WOMEN AND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Tuesday 20 July 2010, at 11:00 am - PRESS CONFERENCE OF DEPUTY CHAIRPERSON MWENCHA, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Tuesday, 20 July 2010, at 16h00 - PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE AU LEGAL COUNSEL, KAMPALA, UGANDA
* Monday 19 July 2010, at 16h30 -PRESS
CONFERENCE OF HEAD OF COMMUNICATION
AND INFORMATION DIVISION, KAMPALA,
- KEY MESSAGES FOR THE SUMMIT
- FACTSHEET ON CARMMA
- MAPUTO REVIEW
- FIVE-YEAR REVIEW OF THE ABUJA CALL FOR ACCELERATED ACTION TOWARDS UNIVERSAL ACCESS TO HIV/AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS, AND MALARIA SERVICES BY 2010
- PROGRESS REPORT (2006-2010)
“Africa cares: no woman should die while giving life”
The 15th Ordinary Session of the Summit of the African Union (AU) will be held in Kampala, Uganda from 19 to 27 July, under the theme “Maternal, Infant and Child Health and Development in Africa”. In an interview with New African, the AU Commissioner for Social Affairs, Bience Gawanas, explains why this theme was chosen and its significance, bearing in mind there are just five years to go before the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) deadline. more
*16-18 July- FOURTH AU PRE-SUMMIT ON GENDER , KAMPALA, UGANDA
-DRAFT WORK PROGRAMME
17 – 19 JULY, 2010- AFRICAN YOUTH FORUM (AYF), Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda will host an African Youth Forum alongside the 15th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the African Union in July 2010.
The Forum will be held under the theme “Maternal, Infant and Child Health: African Youth Call for Action”; and will take place from 17th – 19th July 2010 at Botanical Beach Hotel-Entebbe, on the Shores of the Mighty Lake Victoria
- AIDE MEMOIRE
- AYF-KAMPALA 2010, PARTICIPANT INFORMATION FORM
*22-23 July, 2010THE AFRICAN PRIVATE SECTOR FORUM, Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, Kampala, Uganda,
Theme:“Creating new business opportunities in the aftermath of the global economic and financial crisis”
- AIDE MEMOIRE
- Draft Agenda
*24 JULY 2010- THE CAHOSCC MEETING
KAMPALA, UGANDA (Commonwealth Resort Munyonyo)
- PROGRAMME AND AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE JOURNALISTS
Online Accreditation for the 15th AU Summit Available
The Division of Communication and Information (DCI) hereby informs journalists that an online accreditation facility for the coverage of the 15th African Union Summit has been made available at the following link http://www.au.int/?q=AUsummit/media/accreditation.
Journalists who are interested in covering the Summit are kindly requested to urgently submit their online application for accreditation.
Journalists should also note that all necessary arrangements will be made to enable them work in a suitable working environment. However, only journalists who have been accredited will be allowed to cover the event and benefit from the facilities put in place to assist them.
Journalists are also reminded to note that there will be a dual accreditation process for the summit in Kampala. The African Union will issue the conference badge, while the Ugandan authorities will issue the security badge. Both badges are required to gain entry into the summit meeting rooms for coverage of the open sessions.
Regarding applications to the Ugandan authorities for the issuing of security badges, journalists should submit their applications at email@example.com.
Concerning any information with respect to hotel reservations, visas, transportation, etc…, journalists are kindly requested to consult the Ugandan website at www.mofa.go.ug.
Further information is available in the Media Advisory Note, attached. The note is also available on the African Union website: www.africa-union.org.
Those who could not successfully submit their applications online should send them by e-mail, fax or via the post to:
Mrs. Rahel Akalewold,
Division of Communication and Information
African Union Commission
PO Box 3243
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: + 251 11 551 12 99
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Worth recalling that, the 15th Ordinary Session of the Summit of the African Union is scheduled to take place in Kampala Uganda from 19 to 27 July 2010, under the theme: “Maternal, Infant and Child Health and Development in Africa”. The agenda of meetings will be as follows:
19 – 20 July 2010: 20th Ordinary Session of the Permanent Representatives Committee (PRC).
22-23 July 2010: 17th Ordinary Session of the Executive Council.
25-27 July 2010: 15th Ordinary Session of the Assembly.